I decided my personal website needed a refresh. I started looking at all the various static site generators and really wasn't happy with any of them. Either they all seemed too complex for such a simple concept or they were built on a platform I didn't like, i.e. Ruby.
So, I did what every good programmer does and wrote my own. I decided to use Lua and my luasoldout module so I could write my posts in Markdown. Pretty straight forward. Since I'm no designer I used the excellent Lanyon theme originally created for jekyll.
The entire lua script is under 100 lines of code and that includes whitespace. I call it spacetime, since spacetime is considered to be static.